Tuesday 7 August 2012

A reminder of what's going on here...

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم  





I don't even want to contemplate on how long it has been since I updated this blog *blush*.  Since bemoaning the lack of updates will achieve nothing, I will focus on the positive- the fact that updates are coming soon inshaAllah!

As it really has been a long time, I thought I'd re-post part of an earlier entry as a reminder of where the blog is at currently:
 Now that I've covered some of the major references in the Quran and Sunnah which highlight the importance and blessings of Al Quds, I'm going to start moving onto the history of Al Quds (Jerusalem) and Palestine generally. I'm going to do this in two ways, inshaAllah.

First, I'll trace the history of Al Quds through people, namely some of the Prophets of Allah who lived in/travelled to Al Quds. So this will essentially be a series of posts tracing the history of Prophethood in Al Quds.

Second, I'll trace the history of Al Quds through events, such as the history of Banu Isra'il (the Children of Israel), Al Isra' and Al Mi'raj and events connected to the End of Time (eschatological events)


Allah willing, this is where we're heading.

N.B. As well as the entries dealing with the history of Palestine and Al Quds, the main page of the blog also highlights when entries have been added to other pages such as the Al Quds Today page.

God willing the next update will continue the Prophetic era by resuming the story of Eesa bin Maryam (Jesus, the son of Mary).

May Allah The Most High hasten peace, security and comfort to this blessed land and its people, Ameen.

No comments: